Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Record breaking heat + triathlon training = dedicated (or crazy)
With Seattle breaking an all time heat record today, the last place I wanted to go was triathlon training. I HATE the heat and even more so I HATE running in the heat. I got an e-mail yesterday from the team manager letting us know that wetsuits for the swim would be optional today! Well I swam without one and kind of wish I hadn't. I was still in the first group of fast swimmers but definitely lagging unlike last week. Plus now I have rashes under my arms from where they hit my tank-top. Really going to invest in some body glide this weekend. After our 2100 yard swim workout it was then time for the DREADED run workout. Out instructions were to run for 30 minutes! 30 minutes is really nothing to me now since I have run a 1/2 marathon, but 30 minutes in this heat?! Seriously? On top of that we were instructed to run intervals 4 sets of 1 minute easy, 1 minute medium, and 1 minutes hard. I decided to get this out of the way early because I knew coming back on the trail I would meet my worst enemy from 1/2 marathon training...the LONG STEEP HILL! Even though my "fast" was pretty slow due to the heat I felt ok...not great. I did show the LONG STEEP HILL who was boss and that felt great! I did jump back into the lake to cool off after the run. I got my team jersey tonight! I'm very excited about that. What I'm not so excited about it the fact that all these triathlon clothes are so fitted. I guess it is just more motivation to get into better shape and not slack off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment