Friday, July 24, 2009

6AM Open Water Swim

This morning I joined about 15 others in an open water swim in Lake Meridian at 6AM. I had to wake up at 5AM for this. It was a little rough getting up since I didn't get home from the Red Hook movie night until 12:30 this morning...oops! The swim actually went very well. The water wasn't very cold and there were some great swimmers out there to motivate me. This other swimmer Trev and I stayed somewhat together and decided to turn around at around the 1/2 mile point so we did a total of about 1 mile! Swimming a mile in open water is completely different from the pool because my workouts at the pool have been different sets and you get to rest. When you are out in the open water you just have to keep going! Since I took today off I went right to bed after my shower and slept for two hours. Can't wait until Wednesday when I'll be in the open water again!

No comments:

Post a Comment